A Simplified Alternative To Over-The-Counter Hearing Aids In North Houston
When it comes to making a purchasing decision, most people look for convenience as a priority. If it takes more effort than it’s worth, then you’re likely to walk away and find something better.
Therefore, it was no surprise that federal government passed an act in 2017 allowing the sale of over-the-counter hearing aids.
After noticing that convenience was a main factor that held people back from purchasing hearing devices, they wanted to make it easier for people to get help with their hearing.
However, just like anything that’s convenient, it comes with a huge downfall…
“The experience was great. The receptionist was very nice and helpful getting me started. Dr. Lacy Robinson was very helpful in explaining everything. Overall the visit was quite pleasant and informative. I would highly recommend their facilities.”
“I had a great experience with this facility. The office was clean and they disinfected their tools often. The audiologist was thorough and diagnosed me quickly. I am going to have to go with my health plan because their hearing aids are more reasonable. I am sorry I wasted their time. Thank you.”
“My son has difficulty hearing with his right ear. He was seen by Doctor Robinson today. She was very caring and professional. Staff was nice and helpful. Would recommend her to anyone who in needs of hearing problems.”
Five Reasons Why We Don’t Advise Over-The-Counter (OTC) Hearing Aids
#1 – You Miss The First Step: A Hearing Assessment
You wouldn’t purchase a pair of glasses without getting an eye test, so why do the same for your hearing? A hearing assessment helps us to understand your hearing requirements, allowing us to work out what type of hearing technology is going to be beneficial for you. Without a proper hearing assessment, it’s hard for us to know your level of hearing loss, i.e., moderate or severe.
#2 - Your Ears Are Not Professionally Examined
Using our expert equipment, we can examine your ears at a level that isn’t visible to the human eye. It could be that you have a buildup of wax, or perhaps there’s a more serious issue going on. Whatever it is, we can get to the root of the problem quickly. Taking a look inside your ears seems like an obvious step, but it is one that is skipped in the OTC purchase process.
#3 - Do You Know How to Custom Fit Your Hearing Aids?
It isn’t as easy as buying a pair of hearing aids and putting them in. There is a process involved that ensures your devices fit perfectly to fit your ears, ensuring that they don’t feel loose or fall out. Would you feel comfortable fitting your hearing aids? Audiologists have studied for many years to allow them to serve patients. By purchasing OTCs, you are risking the health of your ears.
#4 - Forget Support, You’re On Your Own
Sure, purchasing over-the-counter hearing aids is definitely easy, but once you’ve reached for your wallet, you’re on your own. Forget long-term care and support from a medical professional. Instead, get used to manic googling and trying to find non-contactable numbers to speak to someone.
#5 - Make Sure To Keep An Eye On Your Hearing Aids
If you have kids, then you’ll know that you have to keep a watchful eye on everything, as they may pick it up or break it. Be prepared to keep your eagle eye on your devices at all times, as you won’t be covered for loss or damage with OTCs.
Introducing Our Reliable Alternative To OTC Devices Solution: The ‘Self-Fitting Devices You Can Rely On’ Package
As hearing is something we utilize every day, it’s important you choose a device which is going to be both effective and reliable.
Between you and me, great hearing aids and great hearing care are totally accessible.
With our “Alternative To OTC: Self-Fitting Devices You Can Rely On” package, you can access high-end technology expertly tailored to your requirements and listening preferences.
From the initial diagnosis to the fitting and ongoing care, we will provide you with long-term support, ensuring you receive the best possible outcome.
The “Alternative to OTC: Self-Fitting Devices You Can Rely On” Package includes:
- An entry-level hearing device – you’ll get a pair of devices tailored to your individual hearing requirements.
- A hearing assessment by a doctor of audiology – your hearing will be professionally tested through a methodical process in one of our three offices.
- Precise fitting process to guarantee the perfect fit and performance – your devices will be fitted following our precise process to deliver the highest performance and comfort.
- 12-month repair, loss, or damage warranty – you will be covered for any damage, repairs, or loss within your first 12 months, giving you complete peace of mind.
- A trial period for 30 days, return anytime – if you decide that they’re not right for you, then you can return them within 30 days.
- A $500.00 contribution toward upgraded hearing technology within your first 6 months – if you decide that you would like to step into upgraded technology or get a better performance within your first 6 months, then you can benefit from a $500.00 contribution.
- 1 year of aftercare, including service, adjustments, and yearly prescription evaluations – our team of audiologists will have your back and support you to ensure that you hear the life that you love.
- 1 year of hearing aid batteries included – you’ll receive all the batteries you need to ensure your devices continue to perform.
At just a small fee of $180, you get can access to the expertise from a medical professional.
You can try them out to see if these alternative devices are for you, or perhaps open yourself up to other options which may work better – the beauty is, you can go in any direction you choose. We won’t hold you to any commitments!
Would You Like To Schedule An Appointment To Explore The ‘OTCs You Can Rely On’ Package?
To discover whether the “OTCs You Can Rely On” package is going to work for you, then the first step is to schedule a comprehensive hearing assessment with one of our experts.
Just complete the form on this page and we’ll be in touch shortly to discuss a date/time for your visit.
We look forward to hearing from you